A sulphur mineral is a bright yellow crystalline mineral which is formed nearby, volcanic vents and fumaroles, as a result, it sublimates from the steam of hot gases.
The sulphur mineral is the seventh most abundant element in the world. Antoine Lavoisier was the first, to convince others that the atomic number is 16 besides, its atomic weight is 32.066. It falls under Chalcogen and above solid at room temperature. It is also a non-metal that has a density of 2.067 grams per cubic centimetre.
Minerals That Contain Sulphur Are:
Sulphur mineral can also form compounds with all elements except a few;
- Pyrite (iron Sulphide)
- Cinnabar (mercury sulphide)
- Galena (lead sulphide)
- Sphalerite (zinc sulphide)
- Stibnite (antimony sulphide)
- Chalcocite (copper sulphide)
- Molybdenite (molybdenum sulphide)
- Gypsum (calcium sulphate)
- Alunite (potassium aluminium sulphate)
- Barite (barium sulphate)
Sulphur Mineral In The Human Body:
Firstly, It is the third most abundant mineral in the human body. It also has external sources like garlic, onions, and also broccoli.
Deficiency of Sulphur mineral causes arthritis, brittle nails and hair, convulsions, depression, memory loss, gastrointestinal issues, rashes as well as results in slow wound healing.
To prevent the deficiency of sulphur food like beef, ham, chicken, turkey, soybeans, black beans, kidney beans and most fish, mostly, shrimps, scallops, mussels as well as prawns are rich in sulphur, therefore, they help keep it quantity up.
The Necessity Of Sulphur Mineral
Sulphur commonly applies to the skin for dandruff and scabies caused by mites. Sulphur has antibacterial effects that specifically, fight the bacteria, causing acne. It can also help with loosening and shredding of skin as well.
Sulphur uses to treat:
Using such a shampoo twice a day for five weeks seems to reduce dandruff effectively ‘for instance’.
Scabies caused by mites and thus itchy skin.
Sulphur can also be used to treat the following, but there are so, more reliable choices available:
Sulphur an ingredient uses in everyday products to treat acne. Most products also include sulphur in combination with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid as well as sodium sulfacetamide.
A nasal spray containing homoeopathic amounts of sulphur, luffa, Galphimia glauca, as well as histamine for 42 days is possibly effective.
Creams containing sulphur help reduce symptoms caused by Rosacea if used till 8 weeks.
Other Helpful Effects On Health Affecting Problems:
- Shortness of breath.
- Sore throat
- Symptoms of the menopause.
- Cold sores
- Rough, scaly skin on the scalp and face (seborrheic dermatitis).
- Poison oak, ivy, and sumac infections.
Side Effects Of Using Sulphur:.
Therefore precautions necessary before using sulphur are:
- Sulphur is safe for a short term application. (In concentrations up to 6% for 6 nights is reliable).
- Abrasive soaps or cleansers
- Alcohol-containing preparations
- Other topical acne preparation
- Cosmetics or soaps that dry the skin
- Medicated cosmetics
- topical medicine for the skin
Specific amounts of dosage are required to treat different problems:
- For acne:
- In the form of cream and bar soap: Adults and children—Use on the skin as needed.
- Lotion: Adults and children—Use two or three times a day.
- In the form of ointment: Adults and children—Use the 0.5% ointment on the skin as needed.
For seborrheic dermatitis:
- For ointment dosage: Adults and children—Use the 5 to 10% ointment one or two times a day.
III. For scabies:
- ointment dosage: Adults and children—Use the 6% ointment each night for three nights.
To get rid of dandruff:
- Adults and children – Shampoos containing 2% sulfur, alone or with 2% salicylic acid, have been used twice weekly for 5 weeks.
in conclusion, there is no recommended dietary allowance for sulfur provided.
Shortness of breath.
Scaly and red skin patches (seborrheic dermatitis)
They do not react to elemental sulfur.
For scabies: Treatments containing between 2% and 6% sulfur
Sulfur is present in all living tissues.
Lotion: Adults and children—Use two or three times a day.
Sulphur is safe for a short term application.