Traditional Home Remedies:
Long ago in the Indian system of medicine, people used to rely on traditional home remedies. The Indian system of medicine used to follow Ayurveda, Unani and now later allopathic medicines came into existence. The usage of various medicinal herbs was given importance during those times. These herbs are used in traditional home remedies.
Traditional home remedies: The treatment of an ailment or a disease is done with the usage of vegetables, fruits, herbs, spices and some other householditems. Examples of traditional household remedies: willow bark tea cures fevers and headaches.Tumeric used as an antibacterial, antiseptic medicine and helps in clotting of the blood.Neem is used for multipurpose remedies.Neem can cure several diseases.
A cough: The most common health problem occurs due to a viral infection. A cough occurs due to a throat blockage or blockage in air passages of lungs.
Home Remedies for a Cough:
- Tulsi or Basil is a perfect home remedy to cure a cold&cough. Regular consumption of Tulsi helps in enhancing the immune system.
- 1 tbsp of honey and a glass of warm water used for thecure of a cough.
- 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and 1 tbsp of black pepper must be added to a cup of boiling water. The water must be boiled 2-3 mins.Consumption of this water can improve the condition.
- Ginger is cut into fine pieces and crushed and added a cup or glass of water and this water must be boiled. Using this solution three times a day can give us relief from a cough.
- 2 tbsp of crushed pepper must be added toboiledThis can also curea cough.
- A garglewith salt water can also reduce a cough.
Problems of a Cough:
A cough is the common type of viral infection. A cough can occur because of chest congestion, cold, lung infection and due to some pollen allergies, dry air and due to the dust, smoke, and pollution. A cough is primarily of two types. A dry cough and Productive cough. A cough can cause lungs blockage and congestion increases. A cough also causes theuncomfortable situation to an individual.
Solutions to Relieve from a Cough:
- Usage of turmeric, honey, black pepper,basil and ginger, ginger peppermint syrup,garlic, jaggery, marsh mallow tea,oregano(marjoram) perennial herb solution etc are the solutions which can control a cough.
- Steam showers, staying hydrated by the consumption of fluids and the usage of lozenges also reduces a cough.
Cold: Cold is caused by different types of viruses. Common symptoms of cold include a headache, high fever, itchy eyes, sore throat, and sneezing, coughing, fatigue.
Home Remedies for Cold:
- Crushed garlic clove, 1tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of honey and warm water. Drink this solution 2-3 times a day.
- Spice tea, an ayurvedic remedy for common cold.
- A mixture of dry ginger powder, ghee, and jaggery should be consumed for a runny nose. This mixture must be consumed daily on an empty stomach.
- Chicken soup has many antioxidant properties which help in treating thecommon
- Homemade red onion syrup, honey, and brown sugar syrup cure a common cold.
Problems of common Cold:
The common cold is the common illness. It can’t be easily cured as more than 200 viruses are known to cause the common cold. The common cold is caused two to four times a year. Common cold cause’s chest congestion, irritation, and cough sneezing, mild fatigue.
Solutions for common Cold:
- Usage of Echinacea, a popular herb fights common cold and strengthens theimmune
- Drink plenty of water, usage of chicken soup, spicy food can reduce common cold.
- The steamvapour of vitamin E or Eucalyptus and tree tea oil helps in dislodging
- Sore throat gargle can reduce common cold.
Stomach ache: Stomach ache also called as abdominal pain. Tummy ache occurs due to several reasons such as indigestion, gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome.
Home Remedies for Stomach Ache:
- Fresh peppermint tea helps in relaxing stomach muscles and helps in easy digestion and prevents indigestion, bloating problems.
- Ginger also contains few chemicals Shogaols and gingerols which help in the relaxation of the stomach smooth muscles. It helps in relieving stomach cramps and stomach aches.clov
- Fennel seeds chewing also helps in thefree flow of digestive juices and it reduces inflammation pain which occurs due to gastritis.
- Lime and club soda also gives a better relief for the stomach pain.
- Stomach upset can be diagnosed by the consumption of rice tea. Rice tea can also cure diarrhea.
- Apple cider vinegar also helps in astomach
- Yogurt, Caraway seeds, fennel, crap diet also helps in reducing stomach upset.
- Sipping a cup of chamomile tea helps in the relaxation of upper digestive tract muscles. This helps in relieving tummy cramps and spasms.
Problems of Stomach Ache:
Stomach ache or stomach cramps occur due to indigestion, food allergies, and irritable bowel syndrome can lead to ulcers, stomach cramps. If stomach pain is severe it can lead to GERD, ulcers, gastritis etc.Stomach pain can be detected by doing blood, stool and urine tests, enemas or barium swallows,CT Scan should be done if the pain is severe to detect the problem.
Solutions for Stomach Ache:
- Ginger, warm rice syrup, baking soda, warm salt water, aloe Vera juice, apple cider vinegar are used as best solutions for curing stomach ache.
- Warm rice compress soothes stomach pain and stomach cramps.
Nausea: Nausea is usually referred to as morning sickness. It causes a feel of unease and discomfort. It is caused due to many reasons such as food poisoning to that of dehydration.
Home Remedies for Nausea:
- Managing anxiety can help in reducing nausea.
- Vomiting sensation and the urge to vomit occurs due to nausea. Let it out the vomit, doesn’t fight the urge.It can help in relaxation.
- The smell of fresh cut lime also can reduce nausea.The smell of citrus calms your stomach.
Problems of Nausea:
Nausea can lead to upper gastrointestinal, brain, small intestine and also liver problems. Nausea leads to a headache, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
Solutions for Nausea:
- Usage of ginger, peppermint tea can reduce nausea.
- Aromatherapy can help in reducing nausea.
- Performing acupuncture and acupressure reduce
- Avoid consumption of cold stuff such as ice creams, cold drinks etc to reduce a cough and cold.
- Drink warm and boil water to avoid a cough and cold.
- Drink plenty of juices and water and keep your body hydrated to avoid indigestion, stomach pain and stomach cramps.
- Avoid taking full meals which help in preventing stomach pain, nausea.
- Avoid taking too much of sweets helps in preventing nausea.
- Avoid the besan/gram flour in food items to reduce stomach pain. Usage of hinge and jeera in food items helps in proper digestion. Usage of spices or green chillies in food items should be reduced to prevent stomach pain.
Maintenance of proper diet plan and good exercise, consumption of agood amount of water can reduce stomach pain, nausea, cold and cough and other infections. Taking proper and good diet keeps our body fit and healthy and can reduce complications, diseases and infections. Healthy mind maintains ahealthy body. So keep your mind relaxed too along with the body.
Use full Links: