Types of soups and its health benefits
Introduction: Soup is an essentially liquid substance, by and large, served warm (however might be cool or icy), which is made by including ingredients, for example, meat and vegetables with stock, water juice, or another fluid. Hot soups are furthermore described by bubbling strong fixings in fluids in a pot until the flavors are extricated, shaping a stock.
Soup has been very well considered in a balanced diet. If you are weight conscious, beginning a meal with a bowl of soup can help quench your hunger so you consume fewer calories overall.
Types of soups
Customarily, soups are categorized into two primary groups: clear soups and thick soups. The French classifications of clear soups include consommé and bouillon. Thick soups are grouped relying on the kind of thickening agent utilized: purees are vegetable soups thickened with starch; bisques are produced using pureed shellfish or vegetables added with cream; cream soups are generally thickened with béchamel sauce; and volumes are thickened with eggs, cream and butter. Different ingredients generally used to thicken soups and juices incorporate egg, rice, lentils, flour, and grains; numerous prevalent soups additionally incorporate potatoes and carrots.
Why should we eat soup?
- Soup is delicious
- Soup keeps you healthy
- Soups can help you shed weight
- Soup is affordable to make
- Soup provides immunity to infections during sickness
In particular, vegetable-based soups are an incredible option nutritionally as they use the mixture of high nutrient density and low energy density in it – this implies that we acquire abundant nutrients including vitamins and minerals for relatively few calories.
Fruit soup: Fruit soups are made using fruit as a primary ingredient, and may be served warm or cold depending on the recipe. Wide varieties of fruit soups exist, and they can be made based on the availability of seasonal fruit. Fruit soups are sometimes served as desserts. Fruit soups may include milk or cream, sweet or alcoholic beverages, such as sweet wine, brandy or champagne.
Soups like Norwegian fruktsuppe are generally served warm or cold that includes dried prunes and raisins. Sweet potato is added as a dessert in the soups.
- Vitamin B6 in potato helps decrease the chemical homocysteine, which is responsible for the heart attacks.
- It is a good source of vitamin C that helps to ward off cold and flu viruses. It also helps accelerate wound-healing, plays an important role in digestion and blood cell formation.
Cold soup: Cold soups are a little different from the traditional soup. While serving, the temperature is maintained at or below room temperature. In summer, sweet cold soups can be a part of the dessert tray. An example of a savory chilled soup is gazpacho, which has its origin from Spain. Another soup of this kind is moolnaengmyun, which is a Korean cold beef broth.
One of the important ingredients in gazpacho is tomatoes. Tomatoes are enriched with lycopene, an antioxidant that is found to provide good protection from prostate cancer in men.
French onion soup:
French diet has been a special interest for researchers in terms of disease prevention. Few of the French soups are fresh pea soup and french onion soup
In French soup, when onions are boiled in the liquid to make soup, their quercetin does not get depleted. It simply gets transferred to the water part of the soup. By using a low-heat method, you can protect and preserve the valuable proteins.
- When we get quercetin by eating an onion instead of taking quercetin in purified form we may seemingly get better protection from oxidative stress.
- Onion’s sulfur compounds may work well in clotting due to its anticlotting property.
- There is also evidence that sulfur compounds in an onion can improve cell membrane function in red blood cells and lower blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides
Tomato soup: Tomato soup is a soup prepared with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It can be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be prepared in different ways. Generally used toppings for tomato soup include croutons or sour cream. It can be prepared fresh by extracting color, removing the thick skins, then blending it into a puree.
- The lycopene in the tomato acts as an antioxidant and helps to protect cancers.
- The vitamin k and calcium contained in the tomato soup can assist to get healthy bones. Lycopene also provides bone strength, improves bone mass and fights osteoporosis.
Chicken soup is considered as a gold standard in foods globally. Whether you have got the flu or have an unsatisfied appetite, chicken soup is delicious, healthy, and easy to make.
Ajiaco is a chicken soup that has it’s origin in Columbia
Avgolemono is a Greek chicken soup that additionally contains lemon and egg.
Canja de galinha is a Portuguese chicken soup that incorporates rice and lemon.
Sweet corn chicken soup is a classic soup among Indo-Chinese soup dish. It is prepared by using cream style corn, chicken stock and egg drop that provides a wonderful texture to the soup.
Cleansing: A lot of liquids are generally suggested when you’re sick. A body full of attacking allergens and combating antibodies should be flushed so as to get healthy. Moreover, the incredible broth in chicken soup performs appropriately.
Cleaning: Chicken soup is commonly salty (with lower sodium content), so that when it goes down your throat it acts similarly as swishing warm salt water. This would help to evacuate micro-organisms in the mouth, throat and tonsils.
Clears sinuses: Much like other warm fluids (for instance, tea), it can clear the sinuses with steam.
Provides strength: The protein present in chicken soup and supplements from added vegetables work to support and provide strength when your body is depleted of vitality.
Bone broth soup: It is a mineral rich infusion rich prepared by simmering bones of animals with vegetables and spices. You’ll find a large stockpot of broth in the kitchen of almost every 5-star restaurant for its great culinary value and unmatchable flavor, but it is also a powerful health tonic that you can simply add to your diet.
- It heals leaky gut
- Fights infections such as cold and flu
- Reduces joint pain and inflammation
- Adds beauty to the skin, hair and nails.
Mutton rib soup: Mutton Ribs Soup is also known as Sup Kambing.
It is a very nutritious recipe. It’s prepared by boiling ingredients such as peppercorn, onion and ginger along with mutton bones.
- The onion present in the mutton ribs soup helps to provide cardiovascular protection
- It lowers the high blood pressure
- Ginger present in the soup helps to treat digestive disorders and vomiting Mutton bones contain high calories and provide greater immunity.
Conclusion: Soup is a wonderful food for anyone to include in his or her healthy diet. Be it veg or non-veg, the ingredients contained in every variety of soup has its own benefits that help you fight mainly ailments and provide overall health. Therefore, when you plan a weight-loss or any healthy regimen, include soup without fail.
- Types of soups, Health benefits of Soups, Types of soups and its health benefits
- Why should we eat soup?, Vegetable soups, Vegetable soups Benefits, Non-veg soups
- Non-veg soups Benefits, Soup advantages and disadvantages, which soup is good for health
- Is soup healthy for weight loss, The Best Soups for Weight Loss
- Best Healthy Soup Recipes, Soup for healthy eating
Use full Links: